My Photo
Name:
Location: Telford, Pennsylvania, United States

My main blog: Ramblings generally focuses on telling a story via photography and words. These stories generally center around family, nature, and church although sometimes just about life in general. I also have a blog entitled Fingerprints. I post less frequently in Fingerprints. It serves as a catch all of anything that does not go in my Ramblings blog including memes, quizzes, and reports on books and movies.



The road awaits
Time doesn't
The road beckons
Time steps forward

Will we move
In step with time?
Will we step forward
Shaping our time?

Will we take time
To see the present?
Will we explore the past
And understand our heritage?

Will we laugh?
Will we wonder?
Will we touch?
Will we feel?

Time flies on
We have choices
Shall we go fast?
Shall we go slow?

We shall go forward
But we will choose the pace
We may dance with all our heart
Or bathe ourselves in a setting sun

Thursday, August 03, 2006

One Book Quiz

1. One book that changed your life

I'll change that to one author - C.S. Lewis - specifically the following books: Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, and The Narnia Series.

2. One book that you read more than once

Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy

3. One book you'd want on a desert island

Martyr's Mirror

4. One book that made you laugh

I don't remember the exact name of the book; but it was a book of Garfield comic strips.

5. One book that made you cry

Fred Gibson's Old Yeller

6. One book that you wish had been written

At different time periods in my life I have been involved in researching local Mennonite history and family history. Through this, I had gotten to know a Robert Ulle who when he died was working on a project to identify Mennonite genealogical connections between Pennsylvanian and Canadian Mennonite families. Due to his health condition and death, the project and publication never got off the ground. This one book I would have loved to see published.

7. One book that you wish never had been written

I don't know if I have any such book. There are books that I believe have had too much negative effects in our world. Yet I believe so much in freedom of expression for all.

8. One book that you're currently reading

Richard Russo's Empire Falls

9. One book you've been meaning to read

David Cottrell's Monday Morning Leadership

10. Now tag four people

I don't tag specific people; but I would love any of you who read this to do it also and then to let me know. There are two rules: The Bible or your holy book cannot be an answer to any of these questions. And only one book per question is allowed; if that is not possible for a specific question, make it only one author per that question. Go, have fun!

I got this meme from Kevin Stilley's Silver and Gold Have I None blog.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Stilley said...

Thanks for sharing your titles. I have added a link from my ever-growing list of those who have participated.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Thanks, kevin. I've noted that your list has grown quite long. You must have quite a few readers.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger sage said...

Nice list Tim! I remember the movie Ole Yeller, but didn't know there was a book--I can still remember crying as a kid watching it.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:59:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Thanks, sage. Glad you enjoyed perusing it. I remember reading the book as a kid. Back when I was a kid, we weren't allowed to watch TV or movies by our parents. That has changed and even my parents watch TV and movies now a days.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey great meme! I love the LOTR and Chronicles of Narnia too, i'm currently getting through the first book of the Narnia series, I love it.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:05:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Hi, carmel. Glad you enjoyed it. And those books are great pieces of literature.

Thursday, August 03, 2006 6:47:00 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Very interesting. I may take this challenge when I get the time. I love to read.

Friday, August 04, 2006 7:45:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Hi, bobby. Hope you do find the time to do this book meme. It's one I really enjoyed doing.

Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home