My Photo
Name:
Location: Telford, Pennsylvania, United States

My main blog: Ramblings generally focuses on telling a story via photography and words. These stories generally center around family, nature, and church although sometimes just about life in general. I also have a blog entitled Fingerprints. I post less frequently in Fingerprints. It serves as a catch all of anything that does not go in my Ramblings blog including memes, quizzes, and reports on books and movies.



The road awaits
Time doesn't
The road beckons
Time steps forward

Will we move
In step with time?
Will we step forward
Shaping our time?

Will we take time
To see the present?
Will we explore the past
And understand our heritage?

Will we laugh?
Will we wonder?
Will we touch?
Will we feel?

Time flies on
We have choices
Shall we go fast?
Shall we go slow?

We shall go forward
But we will choose the pace
We may dance with all our heart
Or bathe ourselves in a setting sun

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

San Nakji's "What's on my desk?" Tag

San Nakji tagged me with the question - What is on my desk? What a question! :)

  • My ancient Dell computer
  • a scanner and a printer
  • computer speakers
  • Rosetta Stone Spanish Language CD
  • Four Spanish children's books
  • Two Spanish music CDs
  • my digital camera
  • remotes for my radio and my TV
  • some church yearbooks
  • pens and pencils
  • assorted letters and bills

6 Comments:

Blogger San Nakji said...

So how's the Spanish going?

What kind of camera do you use?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Hi, san nakji. Spanish is coming slowly; but I'm making progress.

As for my digital camera, I have been using the Canon Powershot A80 for the past two years. It's a great little camera for general use which I often fit into my pants pockets when I go places.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 6:01:00 PM  
Blogger Hunter said...

Tim, would you recommend the Rosetta language CDs? I took Spanish for many, many years, but I don't have anyone to practice with. I can still understand most of a conversation, but I'm missing all the verb tenses.

Hola, me llamo es Darilyn. Mi gato se llama Tigger. Vivo en Hawaii. (I can remember the verbs, but not past tense.

It's funny what stays with you and what you lose.

Darilyn

Friday, April 07, 2006 2:51:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Hi, darilyn. I think Rosetta language CDs are excellent. But you might find then to be a little slow going given all the years of Spanish that you already have. They start out assuming that you know no Spanish and basically work on the principal of repetition. It is entirely in Spanish with the use of pictures to match up with phrases or sentences.

I also don't currently have anyone to speak it with. But I want to eventually use the Spanish I'm learning to read and participate on some of the many Spanish blogs on the Web. And I may occasionally use it when I go on short term mission trips through my church.

Friday, April 07, 2006 4:57:00 PM  
Blogger Hunter said...

Excellente. Muchas gracias para la informacion.

I think just "thinking" about Spanish is helping it return. I'm going to get a book and try to brush up. Let me know if you'd like to practice writing Spanish back and forth.

Darilyn

Sunday, April 09, 2006 4:39:00 AM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

darilyn, I'm interested; but better not start this week. It is going to be an extra busy week for me. Glad, I could give you some useful info.

Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home