My Photo
Name:
Location: Telford, Pennsylvania, United States

My main blog: Ramblings generally focuses on telling a story via photography and words. These stories generally center around family, nature, and church although sometimes just about life in general. I also have a blog entitled Fingerprints. I post less frequently in Fingerprints. It serves as a catch all of anything that does not go in my Ramblings blog including memes, quizzes, and reports on books and movies.



The road awaits
Time doesn't
The road beckons
Time steps forward

Will we move
In step with time?
Will we step forward
Shaping our time?

Will we take time
To see the present?
Will we explore the past
And understand our heritage?

Will we laugh?
Will we wonder?
Will we touch?
Will we feel?

Time flies on
We have choices
Shall we go fast?
Shall we go slow?

We shall go forward
But we will choose the pace
We may dance with all our heart
Or bathe ourselves in a setting sun

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Diary - MAMA Project Preparation, Blogs, Etc.

Yesterday, I got the second of a series of three TwinRix vaccination shots for Hepatitus A & B in preparation for spending a week in Honduras helping at a MAMA Project medical clinic in January. These shots aren't cheap - $105.00 each time. I continue to work at a little basic knowledge of Spanish using a Rosetta Stone Latin America Spanish CD and watching some Spanish TV programs. I also have on order from Amazon several Spanish children's books that I'll use to help expand my vocabulary and understanding of Spanish.

As for other activities, I continue to explore a variety of blogs from people throughout America and the world. It's a good way to explore the world from other people's eyes although one needs to use a discriminating eye. I also bought some gifts from the Dollar Store in Dublin today and began preparation for teaching my sixth grade Sunday School class on Sunday. I had a couple Sundays off from teaching as my class along with other classes were practicing for the children's Christmas program which took the place of Sunday School this past Sunday. They performed very well. To see some pictures check out my Ramblings blog. I also ordered a mince meat pie for the Rice/Moyer family Christmas dinner at church on Sunday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Okay, I get really confused when people have 2 blogs. Anyway, your Honduras trip seems really interesting, I was in Guatemala & Honduras back in 2002 for 10 days, and you can check out my post to get a peak of that part of the world. I LOVED Guatemala, it is an amazing country! If you have a chance I'd suggest extending your stay to do a side trip there.

Friday, December 16, 2005 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Thanks for checking out my blogs. I'm sorry for any confusion my having two blogs might have caused you. Primarily my Ramblings blog serves as a photo journal whereas my Fingerprints blog is more of a daily or semi-daily diary. And I did check out your Guatemala link and I loved it -- almost made me homesick for Antigua. I was there in 1988 for Spanish language training in preparation for a three month mission trip to Belize.

Friday, December 16, 2005 10:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home